Carpenter - Harbor Entertainment Careers
Harbor Entertainment provides high quality custom events that strengthen our clients’ brand connections.
With a focus on customer service and attention to detail, the company designs and produces impactful experiences such as corporate meetings, brand activations, trade show exhibits, customer appreciation events, and large galas.
We are looking for passionate team members that are interested in being involved in a fast-paced environment with a rapidly expanding business. Please read more at www.harbor-entertainment.com.
The Carpenter is responsible for fabrication of shipping crates and custom event and exhibit elements. This position is a full time position that requires flexible hours. The Carpenter will report to the Shop & Warehouse Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Carpentry & Fabrication
- Plan and fabricate wood crates for travel and shipping
- Work with design team to fabricate components as directed including working with wood, plastics, and/ or metals
- Finish work including sanding, painting, laminating, wrapping vinyl graphics, assembly, etc.
- Learning and understanding prefabricated components of event and exhibit systems
- Noting and coordinating maintenance where needed on these elements
- Assist in creating build plans and on-site build documents in Google slides where applicable
Shipping & Logistics
- Manage crates and/or any packing needs required for any items that need to travel
- Knowledge of best practices when packing materials for shipment
- Shipping and receiving of all items coming in or out of Harbor Entertainment
- Prepping crates and final check of pack sheets for exhibits and materials outbound
- Receiving and checking inventory of all inbound crates
Other Duties/Responsibilities May Include:
- Function as a general “runner” and/or assistant as needed
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee; duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of carpentry experience
- Carpentry, wood shop, metal work, plastic work or finishing and painting experience
- CAD experience
- Knowledge of CNC software, CNC machinery, or router tables of any kind
- Preferred relevant experience could include:
- Project management and/or shop management
- CDL license or experience driving box trucks and sprinter vans in any capacity
- Print shop or sign shop experience
- Auto body or mechanic experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter and knowledge hungry
- Must be exceptionally detail oriented, paying attention to even the smallest details
- Extremely well-organized with strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Dependable, reliable, diligent and maintains high-quality standards
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty
- Ability to execute quickly while resolving problems that occur
- Teamwork and leadership abilities
- Must be able to work with staff or day-labor to complete job efficiently
- Set up and operate woodworking machines such as power saws, bandsaw, planer, and sanders
- Utilize hand tools such as drills, screwdrivers, hammers
- Operate a forklift
- Operate pallet jacks
- Utilize packing materials, truck straps, load bars, tie downs, etc.
- Ability to operate large vehicles including transit van, up to 26’ box truck and pull behind trailers
- Professional appearance and persona
- Google Business, Microsoft Office, both Mac and PC proficient
- Read and use a tape measure
- Able to read and write in English
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Good physical strength and stamina is required, this job is extremely hands on. This position will include working in many conditions and environments including outdoors and on location when traveling.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Spends the majority of the time walking/standing and talking/hearing
- The workday includes kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching
- Frequent lifting required of items 50 pounds plus
- Able to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, respirator masks, and hard hats when needed